powered by Marina Orsag and Impact House
Why did we start the Good Influence Movement?
Living in the increasingly complex world of rapid online communication, climate change, social justice issues and pandemic requires even greater social responsibility from all of us, especially those with power. With great power (and reach) comes great responsibility. Thus today’s influencers face challenges to ensure social responsibility and ethics of their influence and to abide by the increasingly complex truth and fact policies of online communication. The idea of the Good Influence Movement originated by the influencer and stand up comedian Marina Orsag and was developed by the Impact House – experts in social impact and innovation. Join us in starting the first generation of the members of the Good Influence Movement – influencers who are educated and dedicated to ethics and social responsibility in their work!
Why is it important to work with influence?
The World Health Organization warns of an infodemic – a social pandemic bombardment with too much information, including false or misleading information in the digital and physical environment that causes many questions, stress and negative consequences for mental health. A large portion of the impact of online information is shared by influencers. According to marketing agencies like Experticity, 82% of customers rely on the recommendations of their favourite influencers, with an estimated return of $ 7.65 per dollar spent. The same is true for social issues and information.
So what will the Good Influence Movement do?
We are inviting influencers and those who work with them to join the movement! In order to receive the Good Influence Digital Badge and become a part of the movement influencers will:
- participate in a weekend GIM Academy
- sign the GIM Charter committing to the social impact rules they define together with our experts
- receive support and guidance from our GIM Board
- receive the GIM Digital Badge that they can present to their clients
Meet our first generation of the GI Joes and GI Janes!
I’m Ida Prester
Ida Prester is a television host and singer. She graduated from the Faculty of Economics and Business in Zagreb. She is a longtime activist in a variety of areas from LGTBQI, women’s rights and health to the social inclusion of marginalized groups.
Organisers: Marina Orsag & Impact House
Influencers coming together for the first academy
19:00 (7 pm) – dinner and presenting GIM, a discussion of the Academy ahead (expectations, worries and hopes)
11:00 -13:00 – Session I “E-responsible” – Personal and Social Responsibility, how we impact our communities and societies and what we are responsible and accountable for
- Tamara Puhovski, GIM sociology
- examples and discussion in influencing climate change
14:00 – 16:00 – Session II “Sticks & Stones” – the impact on mental health we can have on our followers (anxiety, support and retraumatization) our motives to influence and our exposure
- Anamarija Vuić, Zagreb Psychology Association, GIM psychology
- example and discussion in gender equality online
17:00 – dinner
19:00 – game night
11:00 – 13:00 – Session III – “The Truth is out there” – the rules and procedures of fact-checking, digital network truth policies and practices
- examples and discussion on health and crises online communication and support
14:00 – 16:00 – Session IV – “Starry Sky above me and Moral Law within me” – the ethics of digital communication
- dr. Nils S. Borchers, University of Tuebingen, GIM philosophy
- examples and discussions on social inclusion and minorities in digital influencing
17:00 – dinner
Zagreb, Hotel Esplanade
9:00 – 9:30 – The Good Influence Movement – presenting the influence change
- project founders Marina Orsag, Tamara Puhovski and first-generation GIM influencers
9:30 – 10:15 – Ethics and practice of responsible digital influence – the European way forward
- round table with French, German, Norwegian and EP experts, TBC
- moderator Tamara Puhovski
10:15 – 10:30 – Signing of the GIM charter and GIM badge awards ceremony
10:30 – 12:00 – Brunch and influencing each other